Our volunteers make an enormous difference to the lives of our members and those in the wider society in which we live. But we can only continue and develop our fantastic work with your help.
There are opportunities both at your local synagogues and at our Head Office in North Finchley.
Many of our synagogues’ community care groups are in desperate need for additional volunteers.
Even if you can only spare half an hour or an hour, please consider giving your time to your local community. Options for volunteering exist, whatever your age or skills. They include:
- Calling or visiting an elderly or isolated person
- Helping someone get to a shul service or event
- Visiting people in hospital
- Helping with shopping
- Bereavement befriending
- Helping a new mum
- Cooking meals for those in need, either as a one-off at home or regularly in a synagogue kitchen
- Packing food parcels on a regular basis (generally on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- Driving – this could be taking an older person to Shul events or delivering food parcels
- Donating goods
- Sorting clothes and other goods
- Helping with our provision for asylum seekers and refugees
So if you’re interested in helping out, or have any other skills to offer, please get in touch with Hannah (email@example.com) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can link you to your local group or tell you more about our central volunteering opportunities.